FIFEC 2020 ONLINE - Clear Vision - Focus on Fraud!
A Solution to These Challenging Times
For nearly three decades, the Florida Insurance Fraud Education Committee has facilitated the availability of exceptional and timely Florida adjuster and attorney continuing education training presented by outstanding speakers. We know that our attendees look to FIFEC to secure their CE credits and that our speakers truly enjoy engaging with their class attendees.
In an effort to facilitate this, we are inviting approved educational providers to submit their online course offerings to FIFEC. FIFEC will consolidate this information so that our prior attendees may review the online offerings and register directly with you to attend these classes.
Online Advantages - Fewer Restrictions and Increased Flexibility
As we’re not limited to 3 specific days at a physical location this year, it creates multiple advantages:
• Speakers have the flexibility to offer a 50-minutes class for 1 credit, or a 100-minutes class for 2 credits, in addition to the 5-hour Law and Ethics Update class.
• Speakers may select any date and time throughout the summer.
• The extended schedule allows our attendees to select more classes over the course of time.
• Without these limitations, we don’t have to schedule as many classes concurrently.
• No more than 2 simultaneous classes will be posted.
• FIFEC will inform you if there are 2 classes already scheduled at your preferred time and you may decide whether to select a different date or time.
• Fewer simultaneous offerings potentially increase individual class attendance.
• We intend to announce available classes throughout the summer and into autumn until we open our Call for Presentations for the 2021 Conference in October.
Educational Provider Status:
As FIFEC isn’t hosting a conference, each speaker would secure the CE & CLE accreditations for the class they wish to teach. We intend to make this easy for our speakers. We know that many of you are registered as Educational Providers with the Florida Bureau of Licensing and have experience with offering online classes. The best option is to leverage your knowledge and experience by having you proceed with the methods that are familiar to you. If you are registered with the Florida Bureau of Licensing as a “Provider, please proceed to submit your class for accreditation as usual.
If you are not registered as a “Provider” with the Bureau of Licensing (this is different than being an approved instructor), please access this instructional guide to apply as a Provider and submit your class: https://www.myfloridacfo.com/Division/Agents/Licensure/myProfileHelp/documents/DICEUserGuide.pdf
Applying for Course Approval:
2. Submit these forms to the state by accessing the licensing website: https://dice.fldfs.com/public/pb_index.aspx.
3. In addition to the Request Form & the Webinar Checklist, please include the following items when applying for CE accreditation:
a. A two-page, detailed timed outline for the class
b. A copy of the speaker’s resume or CV
c. If you will have someone teaching with you, a co-presenter form for each additional instructor along with a copy of the co-presenter’s resume or CV.
4. The speaker selects their preferred presentation platform (Skype, WebEx, Zoom, etc.) so that they use one with which they’re familiar and creates the meeting appointment.
Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education (CLE):
If the class you are offering has been approved by the Florida Bar for Continuing Legal Education (CLE Credits) please provide us with the Florida Bar Course number and we will note that the CLEs are available for the successful completion of this class.
If you would like to have the class accredited for Florida CLEs, please contact the Florida Bar at https://www.floridabar.org/member/cle/ for application forms and instructions.
FIFEC Notification and Role:
1. Once the class is Florida adjuster CE accredited, the speaker emails the following items to FIFEC Speakers Subcommittee vice chair Erica Godwin at firstname.lastname@example.org so that FIFEC may post the class:
a. A copy of the completed Requisition Form,
b. A copy of the CE Webinar Checklist,
c. The registration link for your class,
d. The Florida assigned course number, and the course offering ID number,
e. The amount of approved CEUs and
f. The assigned course level (Introductory, Intermediate or Advanced).
g. If the class is accredited for Florida Bar CLEs please specify the Florida Bar course number and whether the class qualifies for Ethics or Technology CLEs.
2. Once FIFEC has the FL CE accreditation information, FIFEC will post the class on our website and Twitter feed. Our previous attendees will have a convenient place to search for accredited courses.
3. FIFEC will email our previous conference attendees and direct them to our website to see the list of classes. Visitors will select their preferred classes by clicking the registration links you supplied. This provides the speakers with each registrant’s contact information.
4. FIFEC will continue to send periodic email blasts to our previous attendees reminding them to check our website for current class offerings.
5. FIFEC will not charge any registration fees.
Please notify FIFEC of a class offering at least 45 days prior to the scheduled date, to allow time to post the information and send the notifications. FIFEC reserves the right to accept or decline any potential applicant, attendee, speaker, exhibitor and/or sponsor at our discretion.
• On the presentation’s scheduled date and time, the speaker teaches the class, complying with the CE Webinar requirements.
• The speaker’s firm would submit the attendee list to Florida’s Licensing Bureau so that attendees may secure their credits.
The FIFEC board is truly looking forward to getting “back to normal” and officially welcoming everyone to the Caribe Royale in 2021. Until then, we hope that this solution will serve multiple purposes for all involved.
Allstate Insurance Company, P. O. Box 228297, Doral, FL 33222
305-726-1362 Business Cell
National General Insurance, P O Box 1623, Winston-Salem, NC 27102-1623
Division of Investigative & Forensic Services
400 W. Robinson St. S823, Orlando, FL 32801
Office: (407) 835-4461
Report Insurance Fraud HERE
Fighting Insurance Fraud through Education and Commitment.