June 5-7, 2019
Guy E. "Sandy" Burnette accomplishments
FLORIDA INSURANCE FRAUD EDUCATION COMMITTEE
GUY E. “SANDY” BURNETTE FRAUD FIGHTER TEAM AWARD
Respectfully submitted by Ken Keebler for the FIFEC SEMINAR – JUNE 6, 2019
HERE ARE ONLY A FEW OF MANY OF SANDY’S ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN SUPPORT OF THE
MISSION AND GOALS OF FIFEC AND OTHER RELATED ORGANIZATIONS:
- Sandy was the first Prosecuting Attorney and Legal Advisor to the Division of State Fire Marshal.
- He was the former Chair of the Property Insurance Law Committee of the American Bar Association.
- He was a Past President of the Florida Advisory Committee on Arson Prevention, FACAP.
- Sandy was the first and only Legal Advisor to the Florida Chapters of the International Association (IAAI) and the International Association of Special Investigation Units
- Recipient of the FACAP Ed Meshalko Distinguished Service Award.
- FACAP’s Ken Keebler/Guy “Sandy” Burnette Scholarship Program co-named in his honor.
- Recipient of the FACAP Lifetime Membership Award.
- Recipient of the Florida Chapter of IAAI Lifetime Membership Award.
- Sandy was involved in the editing of almost every piece of arson or insurance fraud-related legislation presented between 1992 and 2010.
- He was the author of the original Florida Arson Immunity Law enacted in the mid-1970s.
- Sandy was a speaker nationally on arson/insurance fraud-related seminars for numerous local, state, national and international organizations, and he has been a speaker or participant in virtually every seminar hosted by FACAP, FIFEC and Florida Chapter of IAAI in their histories.
- Sandy was the principal organizer and a participant in all of FACAP’s Arson Prosecutor’s Seminars.
- He was the primary volunteer author of the Four Week Arson Course for the State Fire College and a permanent guest instructor there since 1989.
In remembrance and appreciation of Sandy Burnette whose accomplishments have been an inspiration for multi-level teamwork between state, federal, local law enforcement/agencies and the insurance industry in successfully fight insurance fraud in Florida.
Guy E. “Sandy” Burnette, Esq,
1952 - 2017
Report Insurance Fraud HERE
Fighting Insurance Fraud through Education and Commitment.