June 5-7, 2019
Jerry Zappolo accomplishments
FLORIDA INSURANCE FRAUD EDUCATION COMMITTEE
JERRY ZAPPOLO DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD
The Jerry Zappolo Distinguished Service Award is the highest honor and most prestigious award
presented to an individual by the FIFEC Board of Directors. Jerry Zappolo was a professional whose
intellect, integrity, leadership, and accomplishments defined absolute excellence in insurance fraud
fighting and law enforcement professions through his many years of service.
HERE ARE ONLY A FEW OF THE MANY ACCOMPLISHMENTS THAT SUPPORT THE MISSION AND GOALS OF FIFEC AND OTHER RELATED ORGANIZATIONS:
Jerry retired as a Sergeant from the New York State Police in 1982 where he had served for 21 years as a Trooper, scuba diver, BCI investigator and hostage negotiator.
During his years in Florida, he is remembered for his work with the following organizations:
- International Association of Special Investigator Units (IASIU) where he served as Treasurer, Director, Chair of several committees, and 5-time President of the So. Florida Chapter and winner of the Investigator of the Year Award;
- Director of the National Society of Professional Insurance Investigators (NSPII);
- 5-time Chairman of Florida Insurance Fraud Education Committee (FIFEC) and recipient of its Distinguished Service Award;
- Director of Florida Marine Intelligence Unit;
- A member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, National Society of Professional Insurance Investigators, Florida Advisory Committee on Arson Prevention, International Assoc. of Arson Investigators, Florida Auto Theft Intelligence Unit, American Society for Industrial Security.
- He was an instructor for the FBI, Federal Bureau of Narcotics & Dangerous Drugs, and numerous other federal, state, county and municipal agencies.
- He was his Company's "Honor Man" when serving in the U.S. Marine Corps
In remembrance and gratitude for Jerry’s accomplishments that contributed the world’s improvement and a safer place to live.
Gerald “Jerry” William Joseph Zappolo
1939 - 2008
Report Insurance Fraud HERE
Fighting Insurance Fraud through Education and Commitment.